Healthcare and Services
The mission of the Direction of Youth Protection (DYP) of the Inuulitsivik Health center is to ensure the protection and the well-being of children who are victim of negligence, physical, psychological or sexual abuse or who present severe comportment problems. The DYP offers services of psychosocial nature and social integration and rehabilitation services, mainly under the Act on youth protection, the criminal justice law for adolescents and the law on healthcare and social services. The DYP also provides services in regards to adoption. The Direction of Youth Protection provides services in English, Inuktitut and French to the members of the 7 communities of the Hudson Bay, in Nunavik.
Our role consists of :
- Look after the protection, the security and the development if the children.
- Reinforce the role of parents to prevent as much as possible, placement in foster families and reappearance of the conditions the compromise the well-being of the child.
- Ensure the stability and the conception of a life project for the child.
- Provide personalized services in order to respond to the needs of the children and their families, to protect the society when needed in compliance with the various laws that governs them and within the limits of their resources.
- Respect the values and beliefs of the population we serve.
We have social workers, local workers, educators, psychoeducators, criminologists, administrative staff and managers who all work together to improve the situation of children in difficulty and their families.